General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU.
The White Horse is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- We enforce the highest security measures to ensure your personal information is kept secure.
- We only collect information we need to provide you with the requested services.
- We will never sell, rent or give away your personal details to anyone.
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
What we collect
We may collect the following information which is provided to us by you, or an agent/representative acting on your behalf:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer/ business needs
Data Storage on this Website
- No personal data collected from our contact forms are stored on this website.
- We do not allow ‘comments’ on this website blocking this feature sitewide, therefore no personal data is stored on this website.
- We do not allow visitors to ‘register’ as a ‘user’ on this website, therefore no personal data is stored on this website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How long will we hold your information for
We have a system of retention periods to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Services we supply are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All traffic (transferral of data) on this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This website has security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, including without limitation protecting information behind a firewall and encrypting information you send via our contact form, we use a minimum of 128 bit encryption so that data cannot be read by a 3rd party during transmission. When visitors submit personal information via this website, their information is protected both online and off-line.
Our website uses specialist security software (Cerber Security) to ensure data breaches do not occur. Cerber Security protects and monitors web traffic and web server logs, Cerber Security blocks potential hacks or breach.
Should our website be hacked, no personal data can be compromised, no personal data is stored on our website, either by contact forms, user registration or comments.
Links to other websites
The Park Tavern website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]rneltham.co.uk
We will NOT sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
How you can access and update your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.